Sunday, January 19, 2014

Homemade Mayo!

I have been buying Vegenaise  since I've been vegan and often thought of making it myself. Now that I have my Vitamix it seems possible, although I'm sure a standard blender would do just fine!

Homemade Vegan Mayonnaise

1/2 cup Non dairy Milk (I used unsweetened Almond Milk)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Ground Mustard
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tsp Agave
1 Cup Oil of your choice - I used Grapeseed

Place milk, salt mustard, garlic, vinegar and agave in blender. Turn slow to combine, slowly add the oil and blend until creamy.

Place in glass jar and store in the fridge. I've had mine over 10 days and it seems fine, but keep an eye on it :)

I'm pretty impressed with my first go!



I just put it into an old Vegenaise jar


No comments:

Post a Comment