Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tofu Scramble

I make a tofu scramble every weekend. I usually make it when I have more time as I like to take my time with it. When I'm cooking I also tend to get lost in my thoughts, so it's always nice that I have some time set aside to cook and daydream :)

I originally took this recipe from The Skinny Bitch in the Kitch, but have made it my own over the years.

4 Mushrooms, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 package of Tofu (depending on how many you are cooking for!)
1 cup Kale (or Spinach) chopped
1/4 cup Daiya Cheese (I usually use Cheddar)
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1 tablespoon Tamari (soy sauce)
1/2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric (adds a nice 'egg' colour)
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper

In a medium size fry pan, add the Coconut Oil and Mushrooms, put aside until other ingredients are combined. Combine all the other above ingredients into a medium size bowl and toss.



Heat up mushrooms on med/high heat for roughly 2 minutes or until tender and then add the Kale(or spinach). Cook for a minute and then add the rest of your ingredients, turning everything over every 30 seconds or so. It doesn't take too long before you will have a yummy breakfast!



 You can also change up the flavors but adding your other favorite veggies and seasoning. Today I added Red Pepper and Olives. I usually also add Red Pepper Flakes for a nice punch.



No comments:

Post a Comment